/ Tue Jun 18th, 2013
So it’s all like “Yeah my dash is boring all day, now I have to get ready for work, oh wait now I’m really in an interesting mood and I have to go teach little kids how to do cartwheels.”
242485 Notes / Tue Jun 18th, 2013
"1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you."
Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness (via qoldlush)
122 Notes / Tue Jun 18th, 2013
“Denying hundreds of years of Irish Oppression based solely on American Propaganda and your Americentric viewpoint.”
Submitted by anonguy11.
30617 Notes / Tue Jun 18th, 2013
"At fifteen you had the radiance of early morning, at twenty you will begin to have the melancholy brilliance of the moon."
F.Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise (1920)
(Source: themethodtohermadness, via itsawaterpipe)
1170 Notes / Mon Jun 17th, 2013
What hair color looks best on you and what's your natural color?
Do you tan easily?
What is your favorite show to watch?
What is your favorite perfume/candle fragrance?
Do you want to kiss anyone right now?
What was in your last meal?
Do you sing?
Do you wear necklaces?
How many piercings do you have (if any)?
Do you blush easily?
Have you ever broken a bone?
Are you an artist/writer?
Do you play an instrument?
Are you in love? If so, does the one you love know?
Do you smoke cigarettes?
Are your maternal/parental instincts strong?
Do you feel confident in your body image?
Are you a virgin?
Do you like to dance?
Has anyone ever called you fat or ugly?
Have you ever cheated on someone?
Have you ever been arrested?
Favorite pair of shoes?
2 Notes / Thu Jun 13th, 2013
i left my candle burning so long i can actually taste it in the air